SKIN RADIANCE SALAD
If your inner body is healthy it reflects through your skin!
Skin Radiance Salad is a rich source of iron, vitamins and minerals to give you healthy and radiant skin. It can be made ahead for lunches or a quick energy boost snack.
Beetroot is rich in iron and helps cleanse the body of toxins by purifying your blood and increasing oxygen supply to your skin.
Broccoli contains glucoraphanin that helps to regenerate sun damaged skin and also contains beta carotene, vitamin E and vitamin B complex to keep your skin glowing and youthful.
Quinoa contains lysine (a key building block in the synthesis of elastin and collagen) which isn’t synthesised by the body, so needs to be provided through diet. High levels of riboflavin boosts skin tone, minimising fine lines and wrinkles.
- Raw kernels of 2 ears of corn, shaved right from cob
- 1 cup of small broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced beetroot ( freshly cooked or canned, drained)
- 1 cup dry red quinoa
- 3 radishes, finely chopped
- Baby spinach to serve
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari
- 1 Tbs. raw apple cider or brown rice vinegar
- Rinse the quinoa and cook according to the directions on the package. Rinse and place in a large bowl.
- Lightly steam the broccoli until just softened.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a small jar and shake until combined.
- Shave the kernels of raw corn right off the cob with a large knife, and add to the quinoa along with the broccoli, beetroot and radishes.
- Top with the dressing and toss to mix through , serve with baby spinach and enjoy!
- If you’re making this ahead, don’t add the spinach until just before serving otherwise the salad will keep for a few days in the fridge.
- Optional - add some crumbled feta or goat's cheese.