GINGER, BEET & APPLE SLAW
Delicious for lunch with a bowl of salad leaves or as a side dish with dinner. Keeps well.
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 500g beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 cups thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, or similar flavored and textured apple, grated
- 3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- Dash Celtic sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon low sodium tamari
- Combine ginger, purple cabbage, beets and apples in a bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, sea salt, pepper, and tamari.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Beetroot possess's an amazing amount of beauty and health-boosting benefits. Beets are high in folate, vitamins A and C, iron, potassium, manganese and fibre.These bright red root vegetables pack a variety of vitamins and minerals rarely found in such high concentrations within one food.
DIANA MILNES http://dianamilnes.com/